These TERMS OF SERVICE (this “Agreement”) is made between IONIT Networks, LLC (“IONIT”) and you, or, if you represent an entity or other organization, that entity or organization (in either case “You”).
IONIT provides certain services relating to the development, transmission, collection, analysis, and management of remote asset monitoring (the “Services”) through the web site located at www.ionitnetworks.com and such other sites as may be designated by IONIT (each, the “Site” or collectively, the “Sites”).
All access to and use of the Services available through the Site is subject to the terms of this Agreement. If You wish to access and use the publicly available portions of the Services and the Site, You may do so only in compliance with the terms of this Agreement. If You have placed or later place an order (whether through the Site, by email, phone or otherwise) with IONIT (Your “Order”) seeking to access and use certain of the Services requiring registration, IONIT is willing to accept Your Order and provide You with access to and use of those Services only if You comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, the Services are not available to individuals under the age of 18 or who do not meet any of the other qualifications included in this agreement.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT. BY SUBMITTING AN ORDER OR BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE OR SERVICES, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR DO NOT MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, IONIT IS NOT WILLING TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES AND YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR SERVICES. IF YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDED IN THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.
This Agreement is entered into as of the earlier of the date You first submit an Order relating to the Services or first access or use the Services or a Site (the “Effective Date”). This Agreement consists of the following terms and conditions and each Order submitted by You and accepted by IONIT, each of which is incorporated in and made a part of this Agreement. Unless otherwise amended as provided herein, this Agreement will exclusively govern Your access to and use of the Services and the Sites and is the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between the parties, and supersedes any oral or written proposal, agreement or other communication between the parties, regarding Your access to and use of the Services and the Sites. Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, this Agreement may be amended or modified only by a writing signed by both parties. All waivers under this Agreement must be in writing. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
IONIT reserves the right, at any time, to change or modify the Site, Services or this Agreement, by making such change or modification available on the Site or by providing other notice to You. Any such change or modification will be effective 30 days after posting on the Site or such other notice. As applicable, You will be deemed to have agreed to such change or modification through Your continued use of the Site or Services.
1. Definitions. Terms used in this Agreement will have the definitions given in this Agreement or, if not defined in this Agreement, will have their plain English meaning as commonly interpreted in the United States.
2. Orders and Confirmation. All Orders placed by You will be governed by the terms of this Agreement. IONIT will confirm Your Order either through the Site at the time you submit Your Order or by providing You with access to the Services (each, a “Confirmation”). If the terms of any Order conflict with the terms of any Confirmation of that Order, the terms of the Confirmation will govern and control with respect to the Services provided to You. This Agreement will govern and control the terms of each Order and Confirmation under this Agreement. By accessing or using any of the Services, You agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and each applicable Order and Confirmation with respect to those Services.
3. Term. This Agreement will be effective upon the Effective Date. If You have ordered a trial subscription to the Services or a subscription to any free Services, as indicated in an applicable Order or Confirmation (a “Trial/Free Subscription”), then the term of this Agreement will continue for the period of the Trial/Free Subscription indicated in the applicable Order or Confirmation and will thereafter expire unless You place an Order for a non-trial subscription to the Services prior to the completion thereof. If You have ordered a non-trial subscription to the Services, then the term of this Agreement will continue for the initial period stated in the applicable Order or Confirmation for the Services and will thereafter automatically renew for successive additional periods of equal duration. If no initial period is stated in the applicable Order or Confirmation for the Services, this Agreement will continue for an initial period of 1 month and will thereafter automatically renew for successive additional 1-month periods. Unless terminated as set forth herein, the term of this Agreement will continue to renew until You notify IONIT that You do not wish to renew the Agreement at least 10 days prior to the end of the then-current period. In all other cases, the term of this Agreement will continue until terminated as set forth herein.
4. Subscription. Subject to this Agreement, during the term of this Agreement IONIT will provide You with a limited subscription to access and use the Services subject to Confirmations under this Agreement, solely for Your own use in connection with your own business purposes. Your rights to access and use the Services are personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sublicensable. You understand that IONIT may from time to time, in its sole discretion, update, change, revise, suspend or discontinue the Services (or any portion thereof) with or without notice.
5. Access to the Services. Upon Confirmation of Your Order by IONIT, the rights granted to You under this Agreement entitle You to access the Services through accounts (each, an “Account”). You will be provided with a user identification and password applicable to each Account You have purchased (each such user identification and password, an “Account ID”). Each Account ID is personal in nature and may be used only by You or, if You are an organization, by designated employees within Your organization or contractors who are contractually required to comply with the terms of this Agreement (such individual, as applicable, the “User” of the Account). You are solely responsible for all use of the Services by each User and for compliance by each User with the applicable terms of this Agreement. You will ensure the security and confidentiality of each Account ID and will notify IONIT immediately if any Account ID is lost, stolen or otherwise compromised. You acknowledge that You are fully responsible for all costs, fees, liabilities or damages incurred through use of each Account ID (whether lawful or unlawful) and that any Services ordered or transactions completed through any Account or under any Account ID will be deemed to have been lawfully completed by You. In no event will IONIT be liable for the foregoing obligations or the failure by You to fulfill such obligations. You will be solely responsible, at Your own expense, for acquiring, installing and maintaining all hardware, software and other equipment as may be necessary for You and each User to connect to, access, and use the Services and the Sites.
We will (a) make the services available to You pursuant to this Agreement and the applicable Order Forms, (b) provide standard support for the purchased services to You at no additional charge, and (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to make the online purchased services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for: (i) planned downtime (of which IONIT shall give at least 8 hours electronic notice and which IONIT shall schedule to the extent practicable during the weekend hours between 6:00 p.m. Friday and 3:00 a.m. Monday Eastern time), and (ii) any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond IONIT’s reasonable control, including, for example, an act of God, act of government, flood, fire, earthquake, civil unrest, act of terror, strike or other labor problem (other than one involving IONIT employees), Internet service provider failure or delay, Non-IONIT Application, or denial of service attack.
7. Software. Any software or code available on or for download through the Site or Services (“Software”) is protected by IPR (as defined below). Unless otherwise expressly stated in a license or other agreement separate from this Agreement that You may have entered into (or may enter into) with IONIT relating to any Software (each such license or other agreement, a “Software License Agreement”), IONIT grants you a limited, non-exclusive right and license to download, install and execute the Software in accordance with the instructions provided on the Site and solely for your own business purposes in connection with Your access to and use of the Services. Except as expressly set forth in the foregoing sentence (or any applicable Software License Agreement), You are granted no licenses or rights, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, in or to any Software or any IPR therein or related thereto, and You may not modify, reproduce, perform, display, create derivative works from, republish, post, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, distribute, or in any way exploit any portion of the Software without the prior written permission of IONIT. Except as set forth in this Agreement, any Software License Agreement will control in the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and that Software License Agreement.
8. Third-Party Services. The Services may include services developed, provided or maintained by third-party service providers (“Third Party Services”). In addition to the terms of this Agreement, Your access to and use of any Third Party Services is also subject to any other agreement separate from this Agreement that You may enter into (or may have entered into) relating to those Third Party Services (each, a “Third Party Service Agreement”). The terms of any Third Party Service Agreement will apply to the applicable Third Party Services provided under that Third Party Service Agreement in addition to the terms of this Agreement. Except as set forth in this Agreement, the terms of any Third Party Service Agreement will control in the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and that Third Party Service Agreement. All other Third Party Services will be subject to the terms of this Agreement. Third Party Services may be subject to additional Fees as set forth on the Site. Notwithstanding the terms of any Third Party Services Agreement, IONIT may change, modify or discontinue any Third Party Service at any time and without notice to You. Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or any Third Party Service Agreement, You are granted no licenses or rights, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, in or to any Third Party Services.
9. Restrictions. You acknowledge that the Services, Sites, Software, and the databases, software, hardware and other technology used by or on behalf of IONIT to provide the Services and operate the Sites (the “Technology”) and their structure, organization, and underlying data, information and source code constitute valuable trade secrets of IONIT. You will not, and will not permit any third party to: (1) access or use the Services or the Sites, in whole or in part, except as expressly provided in this Agreement; (2) use the Site, Services or any Software to harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information of third parties by any means for the purposes of sending unsolicited e-mails or other unsolicited communications; (3) use the Site, Services or any Software in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site or Services; (4) use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Site, Services or any Software; (5) use the Site, Services or any Software to intimidate or harass any other people or entities; alter, modify, reproduce, create derivative works of the Services, Technology, or any Software; (6) distribute, sell, resell, lend, loan, lease, license, sublicense or transfer any of Your rights to access or use the Services or any Software, including, without limitation, providing outsourcing, service bureau, hosting, application service provider or on-line services to third parties, or otherwise make the Services or any Software, or access thereto, available to any third party; (7) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code or method of operation of or any trade secrets embodied in the Site, Services, Technology or any Software; (8) attempt to circumvent or overcome any technological protection measures intended to restrict access to any portion of the Sites, Services, Technology, or any Software; or (9) interfere in any manner with the operation or hosting of the Sites, Services, Technology or any Software, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Sites, Services, Technology or any Software. You will not allow any access to or use of the Services by anyone other than Your authorized Users, and any such use will be consistent with the terms, conditions and restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
10. Fees and Payment. You agree to pay IONIT all fees set forth in each Order or Confirmation and any fees otherwise specified on the Site or through the Services (“Fees”). All Fees will be billed as indicated in each Order or Confirmation. If the applicable Order or Confirmation does not specify any applicable billing terms, the initial payment of Fees specified under that Order or Confirmation for each period in Your subscription will be due and payable by You in advance on or before the Effective Date and again on or before the completion of each subsequent period under this Agreement. If You have specified credit card or direct withdrawal from a bank account as an applicable payment mechanism under this Agreement, You grant IONIT the right to charge the credit card or debit the bank account provided to IONIT for all Fees incurred under this Agreement. All Fees will be non-refundable once paid to IONIT (including upon any termination or suspension of this Agreement). When subscription fees are billed monthly, all previously issued annual invoiced subscriptions will roll-over to auto-monthly billing upon the anniversary billing date of each invoice; all monthly subscriptions fees will be auto-billed on the 1st of each calendar month in which service is provided; all payments will be auto-billed to Your credit card; all devices are shipped in a "Factory RESET" state with the "Device In Service" switch set to NO; the auto-billed amount is the full monthly subscription price (plus any credit card fees stipulated) for any device that has it's "Device In Service" switch set to YES during any part of the month; monthly subscription fees will continue to be billed each month until i) the Hub is "RESET" by YOU, AND ii) the "Device In Service" switch for that Hub remains set to NO during the entire billable calendar month; toggling the "Device In Service" switch by itself does not cease the monthly billing for that device. Until paid in full, all past due amounts will bear an additional charge of the lesser of 1 1/2% per month or the maximum amount permitted under applicable law. IONIT may change any portion of the Fees by posting the changes to the Sites or otherwise notifying You through the Services of the change, such changes to take effect at the beginning of the next period of this Agreement. If IONIT requires use of collection agencies, attorneys, or courts of law for collection on Your account, You will be responsible for those expenses. You will be responsible for all use, sales, and other taxes imposed on the Services provided under this Agreement.
11. Termination and Suspension. This Agreement may be terminated by IONIT, at any time, in IONIT’s sole discretion: (1) upon any breach by You of this Agreement that remains uncured ten (10) days after IONIT delivers written notice to You of such breach; or (2) at any time during any Trial/Free Subscription, for any reason or no reason, upon notice to You. Without limiting IONIT’s right to terminate this Agreement, IONIT may also immediately and indefinitely suspend Your access to the Sites or Services, with or without notice to You, upon any actual, threatened or suspected breach of this Agreement or of applicable law or upon any other conduct deemed inappropriate or detrimental to the Services by IONIT. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason: (a) all rights and subscriptions granted to You under this Agreement will terminate; (b) You will immediately cease all use of and access to the Sites and Services; (c) all Fees then owed by You will become immediately due and payable; (d) You will immediately either return to IONIT or, at IONIT’s discretion, destroy the IONIT Content, Account IDs, IONIT Confidential Information, and other information related to this Agreement in Your possession or control; and (e) IONIT may delete any of Your Content held by IONIT within 10 days after the date of termination. Sections 6 (Applicable Policies), 9 (Restrictions), 10 (Fees and Payment), 11 (Termination and Suspension), 12 (Ownership), 14.3 (Warranties and Disclaimer: Disclaimer), 15.2 (Indemnity: By You), 16 (Limitation on Liability), 17 (Data Privacy), 18 (Confidentiality), 21 (Disputes), 22 (Governing Law) and 23 (General) will survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
12. Ownership. IONIT retains all right, title and interest, including, without limitation, all IPR (as defined below), in and to the Sites, Services, Technology, IONIT Content (as defined below), any Software, and any additions, improvements, updates, and modifications thereto. You acknowledge that You are not receiving any ownership interest in or to any of the foregoing, and no right or license is granted to You to use them apart from Your right to access the Services under this Agreement. The IONIT name, logo and the product and service names associated with the Services are trademarks of IONIT (or its third party providers), and no right or license is granted to You to use them. For purposes of this Agreement, “IPR” means any and all intellectual property rights, proprietary rights, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, and any and all other legal rights protecting data, information or intangible property throughout the world, including, without limitation, any and all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, patent rights, moral rights, sui generis rights in databases, and contract rights.
1. IONIT Content. You will have access to certain data, information and other content through the Site and Services (“IONIT Content”). Unless otherwise noted on the Site, as between You and IONIT, all IONIT Content is owned by IONIT. Subject to this Agreement, each User may: (a) access the IONIT Content (without modification) solely for Your own business purposes in connection with Your use of the Services; and (b) distribute the IONIT Content (without modification) as incorporated into emails generated and sent by You through the Services. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, You will not, and will not permit any User to: (i) alter, modify, reproduce, or create derivative works of the IONIT Content; (ii) distribute, sell, resell, lend, loan, lease, license, sublicense or transfer the IONIT Content, including, without limitation, providing outsourcing, service bureau, commercial hosting, application service provider or on-line services to third parties; or (iii) alter, obscure or remove any copyright, trademark or any other notices that are provided on or in connection with the IONIT Content. Certain of the IONIT Content includes or is based on data, information and content from independent third party providers (“Third Party Content”). IONIT uses commercially reasonable measures to ensure that the Third Party Content is reliable, but IONIT has no independent basis to verify or contradict the accuracy or completeness of the Third Party Content and will not be responsible for any erroneous Third Party Content provided through the Services.
14. Warranties and Disclaimer.
1. By IONIT. Except in the case of any Services provided during a Trial/Free Subscription, IONIT represents and warrants to You that IONIT will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain and verify that the Services operate in accordance with this Agreement. IONIT’s sole obligation and Your sole and exclusive remedy in the event of any failure by IONIT to comply with the foregoing sentence will be for IONIT to, at IONIT’s option, re-perform the affected Services or refund to You the fees You have actually paid for the affected Services during the month in which the failure occurred. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You remain solely and entirely responsible for Your compliance with, and will defend, indemnify and hold harmless IONIT from and against any claims arising from any actual or alleged violation by You of any international, federal, state or local treaties, laws, rules, regulations or ordinances regarding Your use of or access to the Site or Services or regarding your business, products or services, including, without limitation, regarding data and data privacy and the transmission of electronic mail messages, whether solicited or unsolicited.
2. By You. You hereby represent, warrant, and covenant for the benefit of IONIT that: (1) You have the legal right and authority to enter into this Agreement, and, if You are accepting this Agreement on behalf of a company or other entity, to bind the company or other entity to the terms of this Agreement; (2) You have the legal right and authority to perform Your obligations under this Agreement and to grant the rights and licenses described in this Agreement and in any applicable additional agreement You enter into in connection with any of the Services; and (3) Your Content, and any other data, information or content You provide to IONIT in connection with this Agreement and Your access to the Site and use of the Services, is correct and current.
3. Disclaimer. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 14, THE SITES AND SERVICES (AND ALL IONIT CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITES AND SERVICES) ARE PROVIDED TO YOU STRICTLY “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND IONIT AND ITS PROVIDERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY IONIT, ITS EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, DEALERS, OR AGENTS WILL INCREASE THE SCOPE OF, OR CREATE ANY NEW WARRANTIES IN ADDITION TO, THE WARRANTIES EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 14.
1. By IONIT. Except in the case of any Services provided during a Trial/Free Subscription, IONIT will, at its expense, defend You against any claims brought against You by a third party that Your use of the Services in accordance with this Agreement infringes any copyright, trade secret or trademark right. The foregoing obligations of IONIT under this Section 15 are conditioned upon You providing IONIT with: (a) notice of any such claim within 10 days after You receive written notice thereof; (b) sole control over the defense and settlement of such claim; and (c) reasonable assistance (at IONIT’s expense) in the defense and settlement of such claim. If You are, or IONIT reasonably believes You may be, enjoined from using the Services, IONIT, at IONIT’s option and expense, may procure the right for You to continue using the Services, replace or modify the Services so that they become non-infringing, or provide You a refund of all pre-paid amounts applicable to such Services (if any) and terminate this Agreement with respect to such Services. This Section 15.1 constitutes IONIT’s sole and exclusive liability, and Your sole and exclusive remedy, for any infringement or misappropriation of any third party IPR by or through the Site, Services, Technology, IONIT Content or any Software.
2. By You. You hereby indemnify, defend, and hold harmless IONIT and its affiliates, employees, agents, contractors, assigns, licensees, and successors in interest (“Indemnified Parties”) from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fees, expenses, and costs (including attorneys’ fees, court costs, damage awards, and settlement amounts) that result from any claim or allegation against any Indemnified Party arising from Your accessing or using the Site, Services, Software, Your Content, IONIT Content, any email or other communication generated or sent through the Services, or any breach of this Agreement. IONIT will provide You with notice of any such claim or allegation, and IONIT will have the right to participate in the defense of any such claim at its expense.
1. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL IONIT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE), ARISING IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH OR OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITES, SERVICES (OR ANY IONIT CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITES ORSERVICES), EVEN IF IONIT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITY, REVENUES OR PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES. IONIT’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR OTHERWISE, WILL NOT EXCEED THE FEES PAID TO IONIT HEREUNDER IN THE 1 MONTH PRECEDING ANY SUCH INITIAL OCCURRENCE OF LIABILITY (OR, IF NO SUCH FEES HAVE BEEN PAID, $10). YOU AGREE THAT THE FEES REFLECT THE ALLOCATION OF RISK SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT ANDACKNOWLEDGE THAT IONIT WOULD NOT ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS ON ITS LIABILITY. IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES IS NOT PERMITTED, IONIT’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
2. Limitation of the IONIT Remote Monitoring System. The IONIT Software when combined with IONIT Equipment (collectively “System”) is an advanced design remote monitoring system comprised of hardware devices and software services. IONIT does not represent that the System cannot be compromised or that the System will prevent property loss, personal injury, or death. IONIT does not represent that the System will, in all cases, provide adequate warning or protection against those events that the System is designed to detect. The System is not an insurance policy or a guarantee against loss.
Certain conditions, however, may diminish the System’s ability to operate. Authorized IONIT Dealers and End Users who access or use the System should be aware of these conditions and their possible affect on the System’s performance. They may include, but are not limited to: